December 5, 2013

Currently Reading...

As winter weather and the holiday craziness approaches, it's nice to have respite in the form of good books. Here's what I'm currently reading:

Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton


By now, most people know that I absolutely adore the Humans of New York blog. The Facebook comments tend to get a little crazy, but the book is purely a celebration of diversity present in a single (amazing) city. 


Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle


Okay, I'm going to admit this one sounds hokey. It came with a great recommendation though, and I want to keep an open mind. The Amazon description says "Tolle expands on these powerful ideas to show how transcending our ego-based state of consciousness is not only essential to personal happiness, but also the key to ending conflict and suffering throughout the world."  So there you go - who doesn't want that?



The Fault in our Stars by John Green

As the only fiction book I'm currently reading, I'm expecting a lot out of The Fault in our Stars. This one also comes with stellar recommendations, and even the bookstore employees told me it was their favorite book, period.




What are you reading? Any great books I should know about?

xo,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. I've been in a bit of a slump lately in finding good books. The last great one I read was Divergent.

    www.theplife.com

    ReplyDelete

Fancy seeing you here.

Thanks for taking the time to comment - I love reading and responding!